By David Ljunggren and Marc Frank
OTTAWA/HAVANA (Reuters) – Canada is not automatically assuming that Cuba was behind an alleged “acoustic attack” against U.S. and Canadian personnel in Havana and has no plans to expel Cuban diplomats, an official said on Friday (Aug. 25).
The State Department earlier this month said Americans linked to the U.S. embassy had experienced physical symptoms caused by unspecified “incidents” starting as far back as late 2016. Five Canadians were also affected.
A months-long investigation by Cuba, the United States and Canada into the mysterious affair has yet to come up with answers as to how the attacks took place, let alone who was behind them, according to two sources with knowledge of the events and investigation.
For the complete story, click here.